Vehicle manufacturers are central and pivotal to the health and wealth of the UK automotive industry. Both the new and used vehicle markets are completely dependent on a steady flow of new vehicles, distributed sensitively into the market in an orderly fashion through their respective brand networks and other channels.
Needless to say these manufacturers, who employ thousands of people throughout the UK, carry a heavy burden in the recruitment and retention of quality talent.
The following courses are an absolute ‘must’ for manufacturers looking to get their teams to a collective comprehensive understanding of how our great industry operates and the central role that vehicle manufacturers play in that:
A snappy, stat-fuelled overview of the scale, structure and key players in the UK automotive market
- Scale and vehicle parc
- New vehicle production, market share & annual registrations
- Fuel, finance types & commercial vehicles
- Used vehicles - scale and network
- Aftersales and scrappage
An introduction to the cyclical journey through which all vehicles travel, from manufacture through usage and then into the process where they find their next and subsequent owners.
- In Use
- Off Use
An understanding of the journey through which new vehicles pass, from manufacturers to dealers to corporate entities and consumers
- Scale of UK new vehicle production
- National sales companies – what are they / what do they do
- Franchised dealer networks – the scale, key players, operations and challenges
- Wholly owned retail networks
- ‘Direct to market’ channels
A seasonal tour through a typical year highlighting trends & dynamics influencing consumer and trade behaviour, and the impacts on both wholesale and retail markets.
- Jan to Feb
- March to April
- May to June
- July to August
- Sept to Oct
- Nov to Dec
The digital revolution’s impact on the way consumers buy and sell vehicles, and how this revolution continues to disrupt and shape the UK automotive industry.
- Internet access & smart phone penetration
- The digital forecourt & the end of ‘9 to 5 retailer’
- The power of peer reviews
- The opportunities & pitfalls of social media
Consumer selling options: part exchange; online classifieds; friends & family; car buying services
A glance into the crystal ball to examine the mega-trends of the next decade and beyond that will influence how we drive, what we drive and from where we will source and maintain our vehicles
- The ‘New’ Drivers, their financing & the micro-mobility model
- How the car takes control and the Eco-Cars that we will ‘drive’
- The new, used and aftersales networks that will support access to vehicles
Get started now
Order this bundle, including all six courses, for as many users as you need.
Our team can set up your account now.