The Vehicle Remarketing sector often suffers from a lack of understanding as to its scale, the diverse nature of what it does and just how important it is to maintaining stability in both the new and used vehicle markets. This misperception is mainly from within the industry itself, as it has little interaction with the general public. So it’s already starting from a position of limited comprehension.
Despite this, it’s widely accepted that the UK has one of the most sophisticated and well-developed remarketing sectors anywhere in the world.
We have identified 7 AutoSwot courses as a minimum requirement for Remarketing team members who either need a knowledge top-up or new starters who need a quick, but comprehensive, induction into this most complex of all the automotive sectors.
A snappy, stat-fuelled overview of the scale, structure and key players in the UK automotive market
- Scale and vehicle parc
- New vehicle production, market share & annual registrations
- Fuel, finance types & commercial vehicles
- Used vehicles - scale and network
- Aftersales and scrappage
An introduction to the cyclical journey through which all vehicles travel, from manufacture through usage and then into the process where they find their next and subsequent owners.
- In Use
- Off Use
A seasonal tour through a typical year highlighting trends & dynamics influencing consumer and trade behaviour, and the impacts on both wholesale and retail markets.
- Jan to Feb
- March to April
- May to June
- July to August
- Sept to Oct
- Nov to Dec
From where are dealers’ cars originally sourced, what is their typical profile and differences of vehicles arising from each source.
- From manufacturers
- From fleet, leasing & contract hire companies
- From daily rental operators
- Dealer part- exchanges and overage stock
An overview of the process which takes vehicles from a variety of sources and offers them for sale to trade buyers through a range of wholesale channels.
- The core businesses involved in Remarketing sector
- The associated businesses related to Remarketing sector
- The profiles and scale of differing types of Sellers
- The profiles and scale of differing types of Buyers
The unique dynamics involved in the light van, HGV and bus/coach environments, plus the market headlines, scale and key players
- Scale & key brands
- Light Commercial Vehicle sector
- Heavy Goods Vehicle, & Bus & Coach sectors
- Used Commercial Vehicles & treatment of VAT on sales
A glance into the crystal ball to examine the mega-trends of the next decade and beyond that will influence how we drive, what we drive and from where we will source and maintain vehicles
- The ‘New’ Drivers, their financing & the micro-mobility model
- How the car takes control and the Eco-Cars that we will ‘drive’
- The new, used and aftersales networks that will support access to vehicles
Get started now
Order this bundle, including all seven courses, for as many users as you need.
Our team can set up your account now.