Who we are
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are responsible for protecting your personal information as a “Data Controller” as defined by The General Data Protection Regulation. If you have any queries about this policy or how we use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions of Use) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By visiting www.autoswot.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
www.autoswot.co.uk is a site operated by AutoSwot Ltd. We are a private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 12056775. Our registered office is Investment House, 26 Celtic Court, Ballmoor, Buckingham MK18 1RQ. Our VAT number is GB 326945478.
What information do we collect
We collect personal data as defined by The General Data Protection Regulation.
The personal information we collect includes:
We collect and process the following data about you:
- information you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any service on the site, requesting further services or applying for employment where applicable;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- a third-party analytics provider will collect technical information from each visit to our website including the Internet Protocol (IP) address, pages visited and length of stay on page;
- in-line with your contract for services, if you provide services to AutoSwot or we provide services to you;
- information that is available in the public domain, for example: newspaper or online media items, publicly available posts on LinkedIn or social media or Companies House listings;
- information about you from third parties, for example from data provider or your company website;
- bank account details where we have an existing contractual relationship such as freelance/ contractor agreement;
- information contained within a CV or covering letter which you have provided to us for employment purposes and/or internships or work experience placements.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect this information for the purpose of contacting you with relevant updates about our business including marketing messages.
The lawful basis for which we process your information is:
- your consent, for example, in the case of information submitted by you when filling in forms on our site
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party. If you fail to provide this information, we may be unable to perform the contract. We rely on this basis where we process your data to deliver information to you if you have enquired about our services;
- processing is necessary for our legitimate interest in promoting our business and services, except where your rights as a data subject override our legitimate interest.
How do we use this information?
We will use your personal information you provide to us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about future events and products and services we think may be of interest to you, including third-party events, products and services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to process applications for employment with us;
We will use information collected about you:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We will only use your personal information for electronic marketing purposes if we are allowed to do this by law or if we have your consent. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date. If you would rather not receive marketing material from us, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 01865 342103.
Do we share your information with anyone else?
We share your personal information with:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter with you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- third parties such as HubSpot, Active Campaign and MailChimp for marketing purposes. If you do not want us to share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us on 01865 342 103.
- if required to do so by law or as expressly permitted under applicable data protection legislation.
We use the following type of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Website and Application. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Website and Application, make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and users and to see how visitors and users move around the Website and Application when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Website and Application. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Website and Application, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Website and Application and the advertising
- displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Tracking cookies. These cookies are used to track a user’s activity online. Tracking cookies are a specific type of cookie that can only track user activity through pages related to our advertising.
- Google Analytics
- LinkedIn Analytics
- LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
- LinkedIn Ads
- Google Tag Manager
Third Party Sites
Our site may contain links to and from third party sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How long do we keep your information for?
AutoSwot Ltd endeavours to ensure that data is kept no longer than is necessary. We will retain your information for any period required by law, for example for compliance with HMRC requirements. Where we are not under a legal obligation to retain your information, we will determine what is necessary by reference to the lawful basis for processing set out above and our legitimate interests.
Please contact us for a copy of our Data Retention Policy for further details on how long we will keep your personal data for.
If you have any questions about how long we keep your information, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The General Data Protection Regulation provides subjects with certain rights to empower and enable users to check what data relating to them is being held and what is being done with it. These rights allow users to check what data is being processed on them and how accurate that data is.
The rights of data subjects are as follows:
- The right to establish the existence of personal data;
- The right of access;
- The right of objection (unsubscribe);
- The right to be forgotten (deleted);
- The right of rectification;
- The right to complain.
To exercise any of these rights – please contact us at email@example.com and a member of the team will action your request.
You have a right to report any of your concerns about our use of your data to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You may do so by calling their helpline at 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this policy