The UK's network of independent dealers is the engine of the automotive industry. But these independent, entrepreneurial, normally single-location businesses are only successful with motivated, engaged and - vitally important - knowledgeable teams.
It would not be an under-statement to say that a healthy used vehicle market is the key to a successful overall automotive market and independent dealers are one of the most important components of this.
The following courses are an absolute ‘must’ for these independent used vehicle dealers, to ensure their staff have sufficient knowledge to be able to compete and be successful in their own local markets.
A snappy, stat-fuelled overview of the scale, structure and key players in the UK automotive market
- Scale and vehicle parc
- New vehicle production, market share & annual registrations
- Fuel, finance types and commercial vehicles
- Used vehicles - scale and network
- Aftersales and scrappage
An introduction to the cyclical journey through which all vehicles travel, from manufacture through usage and then into the process where they find their next and subsequent owners.
- In Use
- Off Use
A seasonal tour through a typical year highlighting trends & dynamics influencing consumer and trade behaviour, and the impacts on both wholesale and retail markets.
- Jan to Feb
- March to April
- May to June
- July to August
- Sept to Oct
- Nov to Dec
The digital revolution’s impact on the way consumers buy and sell vehicles, and how this revolution continues to disrupt and shape the UK automotive industry.
- Internet access & smart phone penetration
- The digital forecourt & the end of ‘9 to 5 retailer’
- The power of peer reviews
- The opportunities & pitfalls of social media
- Consumer selling options: part exchange online classifieds; friends & family; car buying services
A thorough overview of how the used vehicle market functions, the key players and some pointers to successful used vehicle retailing.
- Overview of used vehicle market
- Dealers: Independents, Supermarkets, Franchise
- Private Consumers
- Successful Retailing: Stock Profiling & Sourcing; Stock Turn; Pricing & Marketing
From where are dealers’ cars originally sourced, what is their typical profile and differences of vehicles arising from each source.
- From manufacturers
- From fleet, leasing & contract hire companies
- From daily rental operators
- Dealer part-exchanges and overage stock
Get started now
Order this bundle, including all six courses, for as many users as you need.
Our team can set up your account now.